A CONSULTANT FOR A STUDY ON THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON WOMEN
The Civil Resource Development and Documentation Centre (CIRDDOC) Nigeria is an independent, non-governmental and not-for-profit organisation established in 1996 for the protection and promotion of human rights and women’s human rights and the strengthening of civil society. CIRDDOC is also committed to the institutionalization of good governance, gender equality and the rule of law.
CIRDDOC with support from AmplifyChange is working with partner organisation (CENGOS) and relevant stakeholders to end Gender Based Violence (GBV) and Increase Young People’s Access to Sexual and Reproductive Health Information and Services in 9 states – Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Cross River, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo and Rivers.
Humanitarian crises and health emergencies affect men and women differently. As COVID-19 continues to ravage the world, there are concerns over its impact on women and girls, with vulnerabilities feared to worsen as the pandemic overwhelms health systems. Women and girls and those living with disabilities may be particularly affected by the impacts of COVID-19 outbreak.
Under the project, CIRDDOC is searching for a seasoned Research Consultant who will work independently, with minimal supervision and assistance to conduct a study on the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on women and develop a policy brief with gender-sensitive approach to the pandemic.
Objectives of the study includes:
- To generate the health, social and economic evidences of the impact of COVID-19 on women
- To examine the effects of the COVID-19 containment policies and protocols on the vulnerable populations especially as it concerns SRHR and GBV
- To develop rapid gender analysis response and key advocacy points
- To produce an advocacy tool (policy brief) for a gender-sensitive approach to the pandemic
- To make recommendations from the findings for sustainable programming on addressing SGBV during and after COVID-19 as well as in similar emergencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant for the study will work directly with the project manager to undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
1) Serve as the researcher for the study on the Impact of COVID-19 on Women
2) Develop comprehensive research tools that seeks to generate data/information to the realization of the study objectives
3) Oversee and facilitate data collection/evidence gathering using the research tools
4) Review research tools and undertake data collection, collation as well as data analysis and report writing
5) Produce comprehensive research report that provides information on key drivers and determinants of SGBV during the COVID-19 pandemic
6) Recommend from the findings sustainable programmes and practical steps that can be adopted in addressing SGBV during and after COVID-19 pandemic and in similar national and global emergencies
7) Develop for publication a Policy Brief/Analysis – an Advocacy Tool of engagement from the report
Scope and Methodology
This requires a research using questionnaires, FGDs and interviews to gather data for the purpose of realizing the research objectives.
The scope of the research will cover Nigeria using the nine states of the project implementation as sample population.
- A guideline and work plan for the implementation of the consultancy
- Research and data gathering tools in hard and soft copies
- First draft research report including key findings, challenges, lessons learned, recommendations and conclusion
- A final analytical and comprehensive research report (in hard and soft copies), presenting findings, lessons learned, and recommendations on way forward
- A two-page summary of the reports with key research findings, lessons learned, and recommendations and conclusion
- Policy Brief from the research report
The consultancy will run for 3 months, from 26th October 2020 – 25th January 2021
– Professional background in social sciences, public policy or administration.
– 7 to 10 years of progressive professional experience in gender analysis and development
– Experience in working with government and civil society organizations in Nigeria
– Experience in proposal writing, proposal management, and report writing
– Experience in monitoring and evaluation
– Ability to undertake travels remotely
Please send the following documents as a single file to firstname.lastname@example.org
i. Resume/Curriculum Vitae
ii. Cover letter detailing your experience addressing the key responsibilities & personal requirements
i. Application sent after the deadline will not be accepted
ii. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates would be contacted
iii. Deadline for submission of application is Friday, 9th October 2020